Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Best way to get rid of blue bells in my garden?

I have dug up a large patch of my lawn last year to get rid of them, this year, they have spread to another area of the lawn. I love the different colours of flowers -blue/white/pink but I like my lawn to be grass. I do not use any chemical in my garden. So is digging the only way?

Best way to get rid of blue bells in my garden?
Why would you want to get rid of them.

Herbicides will kill just about everything and leave you with an ugly bare or brown patch of crud.



So you have two choices that are environmentally sound.



Leave 'em be. What's so great about grass anyway? Just a pest. I got rid of all my grass and replaced with creeping sedum and patches of Blue-eyed grass in the Iris family which is a lot prettier than boring old grass and NEVER needs mowing. I know another bright fellow tired of the American lawn stupidity and replaced ALL of his stupid grass with Creeping Myrtle with its purple flowers. A lot saner, and better.



There is a place for grass. In pastures and in football or baseball fields.



Lawns with nothing but grass are for retards that just must enjoy noisy and bothersome perpetual mowing. Maybe it is for a good cause, probably the only exercize these fat couch potatoes will ever get.

beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment