Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What are these tall patches of grass growing in my garden?

I have these small, tall, dark green patches of grass invading my garden and starting to spread to my lawn. When I pull enough up, they have a small bulb at the end. How do I get rid of them without killing my perenniels?

What are these tall patches of grass growing in my garden?
Could it be Nut-Grass ?



www.aces.edu



Please check out the this website for a photo.

If you are trying to remove the weeds by hand you will have to dig below the nut that is attached to the roots in order to ever get a head of this weed.The roots are very long!

This website has info. about chemicals that you can use.

GOOD LUCK!



I have tried MANY times to add the complete website ,it will not allow me to???

Try going to Google (Images) type in Nut Grass then www.aces.edu
Reply:Take a sponge or sock something absorbent.

Tie it to a stick

Dip it in some roundup

Rub the wet cloth on the weeds be careful to not touch grass.

The weeds will turn brown and die in a couple of weeks. You can then seed the area or let the grass regrow itself into the bare spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment